A career in caring
At Shepherd Village, we are committed to serving our residents, visitors, partners and staff with excellence, integrity, respect and teamwork, and all within a caring Christian community. We are always looking for friendly, dedicated and compassionate people to join our dynamic and diverse staff team.
A number of incentives
- Competitive wages and an excellent benefit program
- A supportive learning environment, with opportunities for internal and external career development
- Opportunities to mentor new graduates and students from educational institutions
- A confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Regular staff appreciation events, such as our annual Winter and Summer fairs
Important note: Shepherd Village operates under the regulations of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and the Retirement Homes Act, 2010. As a result, any applicant that is offered employment must have the following documents prior to hiring:
- A valid* Vulnerable-Sector Police Record Check (VSPRC) for Employment completed by your local Police Department. Estimated processing time varies by region.
- A valid* 2-step Mantoux (TB) skin test. If step 1 is positive, you must have the results of a chest x-ray.
* Must have been completed within the last 6 months to be considered valid.
Apply for a job
All applications must be submitted through our online application portal.
Through the portal you can:
- See current job postings
- Apply for a job
- Sign-up to receive job posting alerts
- Submit your cover letter and resume for future job opportunities
We offer a professional and hands-on learning opportunity for a wide variety of university and college co-op placements. We host students from several specialties including: personal support worker; nurse practitioner; pharmacy technician; pastoral services; culinary; facilities management; recreation; volunteer management; and communications and marketing. Apply through your school and please contact us if you have any questions.