Affiliate, partner and resource organizations
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has been a leading, independent, non-profit accrediting body of human services since 1966. With guidance from the field, including providers, funders and, most important, the persons receiving services and their families, they develop standards that are focused on outcomes and the satisfaction of the persons served.
Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) is a non-profit association that accredits retirement homes in Ontario. All member homes must undergo a rigorous evaluation to ensure they meet ORCA’s standards for safety and security, recreation, food services, environmental services, housekeeping and more.
Shepherd Village is affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC), which is a Fellowship of more than 1,100 churches across English- and French-speaking Canada.
Ontario Long-Term Care Association (OLTCA) is the largest long term care provider association in Ontario and the only association that represents the full mix of long term care operators – private, not-for-profit, charitable and municipal.
An organization of Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) plan, integrate and fund local health care, improving access and patient experience.
The Ontario Government offers a wide range of programs and services for senior citizens. They can help you plan with information and resources for your retirement, finances, leisure activities and health care resources. They can also help you live with more independence.
- Alzheimer’s Society of Toronto – www.asmt.org
- Arthritis Canada – www.arthritis.ca
- Asthma Society of Canada – www.asthma.ca
- Canadian Diabetes Association – www.diabetes.ca
- Canadian Hearing Society – www.chs.ca
- Canadian Mental Health Association – www.cmha.ca
- Healthy Ontario – www.healthyontario.com
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada – www.heartandstroke.ca
- Housing & Mortgages for Seniors www.mortgageloan.com/seniors/
- Osteoporosis Society of Canada – www.osteoporosis.ca
- Parkinson’s Society of Canada – www.parkinson.ca
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN) – www.rheumatoidarthritis.org