A career in caring
At Shepherd Village, we are committed to serving our residents, visitors, partners and staff with excellence, integrity, respect and teamwork, and all within a caring Christian community. We are always looking for friendly, dedicated and compassionate people to join our dynamic and diverse staff team.
We have provided an external resource to help you with you career decisions within employment in a Long-Term Care setting.
A number of incentives
- Competitive wages and an excellent benefit program
- A supportive learning environment, with opportunities for internal and external career development
- Opportunities to mentor new graduates and students from educational institutions
- A confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Regular staff appreciation events, such as our annual Winter and Summer fairs
Important note: Shepherd Village operates under the regulations of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and the Retirement Homes Act, 2010. As a result, any applicant that is offered employment must have the following documents prior to hiring:
- A valid* Vulnerable-Sector Police Record Check (VSPRC) for Employment completed by your local Police Department. Estimated processing time varies by region.
- A valid* 2-step Mantoux (TB) skin test. If step 1 is positive, you must have the results of a chest x-ray.
- Written proof of:
a) A negative Covid-19 Test, AND
b) A Health Canada authorized Covid-19 Vaccination*, OR (where applicable)
c) A medical reason, (provided by either a physician or nurse practitioner) that you cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19, and
* Must have been completed within the last 6 months to be considered valid.
Apply for a job
All applications must be submitted through our online application portal.
Through the portal you can:
- See current job postings
- Apply for a job
- Sign-up to receive job posting alerts
- Submit your cover letter and resume for future job opportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are committed to accessibility in the candidate application and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the vacant position. Applicants are asked to please make their accommodation requirements known when contacted.
Successful candidates must provide a complete and current (i.e. within six months prior to hire date) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
We offer a professional and hands-on learning opportunity for a wide variety of university and college co-op placements. We host students from several specialties including: personal support worker; nurse practitioner; pharmacy technician; pastoral services; culinary; facilities management; recreation; volunteer management; and communications and marketing. Apply through your school and please contact us if you have any questions.